Hologic offers the choice between two biopsy site marking solutions under MRI: SecurMark and TriMark biopsy site markers.
SecurMark MRI biopsy site marker features
- Comprised of a permanent marker made of bio-compatible titanium or stainless steel and an outer material consisting of bioabsorbable suture-like netting.
- Designed to minimize movement within the biopsy cavity and enhance ultrasound visualization for three to four weeks post-biopsy in case future breast intervention is necessary.
- A rigid end-deploy delivery device.
- Choice of three different shapes to allow for multi-site identification.
- Stainless steel permanent marker, which increases MRI artifact for improved visualization and confirmation.
TriMark MRI biopsy site marker features
- Easy and accurate access to the biopsy site under MRI visualization.
- Permanent markers comprised of bio-compatible titanium.
- Rigid end-deploy delivery device for an integrated MRI biopsy site marking solution.
- Choice of two different shapes for multi-site identification