At Hologic, we make it our business to define the patient experience in stereotactic and 3D-guided breast biopsy. Listening to physicians and technologists about the women they treat is the foundation for the Eviva breast biopsy device’s innovative design.
Tactile thumb wheel:
- A tactile thumb wheel provides direct control of the tissue sampling location during the biopsy procedure.
- A quiet, remote firing mechanism reduces patient anxiety during rapid advancement into the breast.
Remote tissue filter:
- Improved access to collected tissue samples in a protected remote chamber.
Integrated biopsy site marking:
- End-deploy biopsy site marking provides streamlined and accurate marker placement.
- Helps ensure consistent retrieval of high quality tissue samples. This feature has also been shown to reduce the rate of hematoma occurrence by 25%, as well as a reduction in the average size of hematoma.1
- Enables physicians to automatically or manually deliver local anesthetic directly to the biopsy site without interrupting the procedure.