The MultiCare Platinum breast biopsy prone table delivers exceptional image quality, accurate targeting and precise, efficient operation. Using cutting-edge targeting and guidance technology, the MutliCare Platinum breast biopsy table provides the superb image quality you need to locate tissue required for biopsy, even from the most difficult-to-access lesions. These combined elements, along with greater comfort for patients, place the MultiCare Platinum table from Hologic at the forefront of breast biopsy.
The MultiCare Platinum prone biopsy table offers a number of unique features:
· Digital spot mammography (DSM) system, which offers a customized image processing menu that permits the user to enhance images for structure definition and improve visualization of targeted areas requiring breast biopsy or localization.
· Space-efficient design, allowing the table to be installed within approximately one-plus foot from the wall, optimizing use of existing space, with a small, handheld controller and compact generator contributing further to space efficiencies.
· Adjustable tray that compensates for variable breast thicknesses, reducing lesion shift in stereo views for improved image clarity.
· Image receptor that moves in tandem with the X-ray tube, allowing the receptor and X-ray beam to remain perpendicular, eliminating image distortion generally associated with increased parallax.
· Air gap located between the image receptor and the breast, together with stainless steel compression paddles that minimize the amount of scatter radiation reaching the image receptor, for improved image quality.